Sunday, December 30, 2012

My Time To Write

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog. The year 2012 is rapidly coming to an end and I decided to begin my first blog. How appropriate for me, seeing that this year has had so many ups and downs, twists and turns, moments of pure darkness and moments of absolute joy...I just had to type it all out.
 

 My name is Sheivon Sene. Earlier this year I became a mother of a beautiful baby girl. This is my first child and I am so thankful that the Lord blessed me with Skye at the time He did. The first couple of weeks weren't so peachy. At 11 days old my daughter was hospitalized for a week due to a high temperature. The doctors ran plenty of tests and were still unable to find anything that would cause my precious baby to have a high temperature for so long. After 5 days they discharged her and she seemed ok for a little while. After another week baby Skye was admitted into the hospital again. This time I was also admitted. The doctors then determined that she had pneumonia in her lungs and  both of us  had MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) which is a strain of staph infection. I also got diagnosed with Mastitis ( breast infection). At this time I was more worried about my daughter than I was of myself. I think I could have died when I was told that my baby was going to be transferred to Emory Hospital in Atlanta which is roughly two hours away. I knew I was no good to her if I didn't get better first. I had to have surgery and it wasn't as painful as I thought. I had a few days to recover before I was discharged.  I had friends and family come by and visit. I also had people from my church and work stop by to offer their support and prayers. Even though I almost never had a spare moment to myself, I felt so alone...I missed my mom most during this time...She died eleven years ago and it still hurts... I was finally released from the hospital on Easter. This was my  baby's first holiday and  I couldn't be with her. I don't think my eyes were dry for the next three days. I called everyday to the hospital to check on Skye. I know the nurses must have been tired of hearing from me, but I didn't care. I was having such a hard time without my little baby. I called my sister in law and asked her if she could come down and sit with Skye so she wouldn't be alone. I was thrilled when she said she would. After a week and half of being away from my daughter, I was finally cleared to be with her. I don't know how I was able to sit through the car ride up there. I was so excited to see Skye. I could barely contain my tears of joy as I finally got to hold my daughter...I was then told that the next day she was to be transferred back to the hospital in our home town. Her doctor ordered her to remain in the hospital for 3 more weeks. I never left her side.
 Everyone thought that being in that hospital room for so long would drive me crazy...they didn't understand that the time I was already away from her drove me insane...I wasn't going to go through that again. Everyday I watched Skye with tubes in her arm and not once did she complain. To look at her, you would have never known she was sick. God really did have my baby in His hands! Every time I tell this story I can't help but cry...My precious daughter is a fighter. I call her my miracle baby because what she went through had all the doctors stumped. They were all so amazed at how well Skye was handling this whole situation. She smiled bright everyday.
We finally got to go home and we couldn't be more happier. Post partum issues definitely were part of my life for awhile. I dealt with it the best way I could...through prayer. I can't tell you how many times I thought that what I went through was a form of punishment...for having my daughter out of wedlock and maybe being really cruel to people when I should have been kind. I had to eventually let that negitivity go. I know that God was taking this situation and showing me that He is bigger than any sickness...He is bigger than any diagnose any doctor can make. He is bigger than any situation that would cause us to doubt...God really showed His hand. He taught me to be patient and quiet. I am so thankful that He blessed me with a child who showed me how to wait on Him. I look at my daughter now and smile...everyday she grows bigger and smarter...I am so amazed at all she learns. I just want to be a good mother to her, who teaches her to always put God first...like my mother taught me.
Skye got to enjoy all the other holidays without any problems. Her first Halloween she got to parade around as a Tootsie Roll...Thanksgiving she was able to eat turkey for the first time...and Christmas was different for her...normally she likes to rip paper but this time I don't think she understood that it was ok to rip the paper. I have been so blessed this year with people who care so much to be there for me, my fiance, and my daughter. I am so thankful for them...God placed them in my life for a reason.
I know that my journey is far from being complete. The year 2012 has been great and I am ok to put it all behind me. I look forward to 2013 and the blessings it has for me and my family. I think that this blogging thing might be a permanent thing...I had fun doing it. Thanks for reading my post. I look forward to the next one...Keep us in your prayers...Happy New Year everyone!!! God bless...

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Now I have another blog to stalk. :) so neat to see how God has showed you his grace and love throughout 2012. We are so glad God added Skye to our family! And just for the record, I think post partum problems are an extension of the curse of pain in childbirth. Well maybe not. :) But I don't know any mom who doesn't struggle with that at least to some degree. It just means you're normal, and human, and in need of God's help - as are we all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading all your blogs, I finally decided to start one..lol..You have helped a lot during that time of post partum...your encouraging words and prayers. I am thankful to have you in my life as well. I look forward to holding our new addition to our growing family.

      Delete