Friday, January 18, 2013

Just Go For It!

Well, everyone...I'm back again. I decided to update everyone on my progress with the Daniel Fast. My time is almost up and I have done my best in keeping up with all that I am suppose to do. Some days I didn't do my devotionals, but I tried to make sure that I at least prayed. I sometimes felt like I was cheating myself when I did that. During this journey I have been working on some of my goals that I had made for the year. I have to say that it is a slow journey and I am not going to stop until I get there. I have cut out the sweets and wheat out of my diet for this period. It has been a little difficult because I have run out of ideas on what to eat...but I still pushed through. I began working out to try to meet another one of my goals. I've been waking up at 4 a.m. to get to the gym by 5. My days are so busy and I find that this is the perfect time to go.

Since I started doing these things, I have noticed a few changes in my life. Things aren't looking the same. I look around me and my circle of people I am around seems to keep getting smaller. The funny thing is that for some reason, I don't mind. I feel that there is a reason for everything and God has a better plan for me that doesn't require an entourage. I feel lighter, if that makes any sense. I don't feel so stressed out about appearances or feel that I'm in a competition anymore. I know that I want something better and for me to do that, I have to do things different than I did before. My drive is my hunger for a life that desires to be a more faithful servant to the Lord and to seek His face first. I don't want to do anything without Him in it. I want to be someone He can count on.

I'm looking at this year as a chance to do better for myself , my daughter, my fiance, and my family. I am striving to go beyond the comfort zone and push myself to do more than what I am use to. I am beginning to love myself again. I know it is strange to say, but for awhile I didn't even like myself. All I did was beat myself down like I didn't deserve anything good. I had to forgive me so that I can move on. Life has its ups and downs and you just have to keep getting up. I just read in my devotional that, " it isn't over until God says so, and He hasn't." I know that life can be really dark sometimes. You can't always see where you are going, but someone once said that," if you can't see His hand, trust His heart." I know that God has a plan for everyone. You just have seek Him first and He will show you the way...Thanks for reading everyone. May the Lord keep you in His keeping and may His face shine upon you in all that you do...

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for participating in the fast! It's so hard to discipline ourselves to cut out certain foods and do our quiet time. But discipline eventually becomes habit right?? :) So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete