Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy Birthday Skye!

When I first had my daughter, people were always telling me..."cherish these moments, they go by fast!"They weren't kidding either. As I look back at all that has happened during my baby girl's first year, all I can really say is Thank you, Lord! I am so grateful that the Lord has had His hand over her to protect her. Every month I would look back and compare how much my little baby has grown. It really does tickle me at the changes she has gone through physically in such a little bit of time. I think it is crazy that I have so many memories of her already...the first time I held her in my arms..., the first time I saw her smile, ...the first time I heard her say Mama...(sigh)...I've taken as many pictures as I could, almost everyday. I just want to remember these moments forever.120703_0003.jpg





I think about my job as a mom and wonder if my mother thought of these things. She was great at being a mom and I appreciate her so much for all she has done for me and my family. She and my daddy sacrificed a lot just so we would be ok. I was looking at some old photos of me and my siblings with my parents growing up. I can't believe how quickly the years go by! I remember the trips to the park and the many different places we lived and how much fun me and my siblings had together. I really miss those times...
130107_0001.jpg120704_0005.jpg




Skye really amazes me. Every day she does something that makes me smile..and it makes her smile too! Sometimes I think that she isn't aware of her ability to do things and it shocks her that she can do them, like open doors or scream. (lol) she also likes to take things apart like the remote control or try to put things together like the buckles on her car seat and high chair. She does a lot of these things with very little effort as if to say that they aren't as challenging as they would be for most people...lol..did I mention that she makes me laugh?

I took my little baby to the hospital for x-rays on her ribs. Remember last year when she had MSRA? Well, her pediatrician wanted to have another x-ray to make sure that she is still doing fine. Even though I won't find out her results until Monday, I already know that my baby is healed! I
 know that the Lord has blessed her with a healthy body and there is no need for me or her to ever worry about that again.She didn't want to be there at the x-ray room and refused to lie down on the table. She cried even though I was holding her hand. I suppose it wasn't enough for her, she wanted OUT...it didn't take but a few minutes, but it was long enough for her.I think she remembers where she was and wanted to go home. 130306_0001.jpg

I am so thankful that God specializes in healing. I would be so lost if it hadn't been for His steady and calm hand. When you call on the name of Jesus, expect results! I cry every time I think about what I have gone through and how God walked with me the entire way. I have no doubt that He will always honor His promise and take care of my little baby.Before I gave birth to her, I prayed that she would grow to love God...that her heart will be filled with love and compassion...and that she will always trust in the Lord. I also asked for her protection throughout her life and that no matter what came her way, He would take care of her. I know that He heard my prayers and it gives me so much comfort knowing that when I finally gave birth to my precious little girl, she was in His hands.
130101_0006.jpg
This past year has been filled with so many great memories that I will always treasure. I am thankful that the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to raise my daughter and teach her how great our Heavenly Father is. I know my mom would be proud that I came back home to where I once was when I first asked Him into my life. I still have my ways at times, but I am thankful that He forgives me and allows me to try again. 

Today is my precious angel's birthday. I can't believe this day is finally here. I pray the Lord blesses you with many more healthy and prosperous years to come. Seek the His face constantly and you will never have to worry about a thing. I love you and I look forward to our journey together.  You have made me so happy little one and I proud to be your mom. Happy birthday Skye!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment